In 2004, I was the first officer in West Yorkshire to be dedicated to dealing with such investigations on a daily basis, and for training my colleagues to be more effective. As a result, my team had a 100% success rate for solving current cases over a 5 year period, saving the taxpayer $7 million a year. I regularly reviewed cold cases, which can be see on our Are You An Armchair Detective page. By spearheading a multi-agency approach, much-admired by senior detectives across the country, I had significant success in preventing drug addicted sexually exploited teenagers from regularly going missing from home and school.
- Rape Victim Liaison Officer: Conducting intensive interviews with traumatised victims and obtaining forensic exhibits.
- Crime Scene Visitor: Investigating and preventing burglaries.
- Stolen Vehicle Squad: Identifying re-birthed vehicles.
- General Duties: Investigating burglaries, thefts, deceptions, robberies, criminal damage, assaults including one murder, public order including one riot, sudden deaths, car accidents and industrial accidents, and giving crime prevention advice.
- Prisoner Reception Unit: Interviewing high volumes of prisoners on a daily basis and compiling Court files to a tight time-frame. I created this scheme, which also involved training probationary constables, and it was so successful that it was rolled out across the Force.
Between 1980-1990, I worked for the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service enforcing Consumer Protection Law, including overloaded goods vehicle, toy safety, clocked cars, etc.
I migrated to Australia in January 2010 and have since obtained the following qualifications whilst working in the construction, engineering and investigation sectors:
Advanced Skip Tracing Course, Brisbane
Certificate III in Investigative Services, Perth
Certificate IV Financial Services (Accounting), Perth
Certificate IV Project Management, Perth
Diploma of Business, Perth
White Card, Perth
Whilst much of my work is Process Serving, having traced my own family tree back to 1677 (which was great fun!), my main passion is tracing Missing Persons and Beneficiaries. Whilst it’s not healthy for some relationships to continue, hence the Family Law work, I do get a lot of job satisfaction re-uniting families.
Licences held by Pathfinder investigators entitle them to conduct inquiries anywhere in Western Australia, an area of 2,529,875 square kilometres, which is approximately a quarter of the size of the USA or over 10 times bigger than the UK!